Step Toward Your Dream
Above is a photo of myself and my beautiful spouse next to the Terry Fox monument in Thunder Bay, Ontario. When thinking about taking that step toward your dream, nothing tells it better then Terry Fox and his story. Inspiration for millions to this day, this young Canadian pushed to run across Canada raising money for cancer research. Fighting cancer himself made this a challenge like no other. Despite losing his leg to cancer he continued with stepping toward his dream until the cancer came back the second time. The above monument marks where his journey ended, and where the rest of the country now continues his legacy.
Give up on a Failure, Not on your Dream.
Accept Your Failure, Step Toward Your Dream.
Whenever we face challenges that lead to failures, it is sometimes difficult to overcome the effects. Sometimes emotional, and other times physical. Whatever the effects, many of us look at this and see failure. We lose our motivation thinking that we may not have what it takes to achieve our dreams.
Our dreams will always be many steps ahead of where we are now. This is why we call them dreams, or “Visions” of success. They keep us moving forward, and carry through everything we want to achieve.
- Realize that the only true failure is giving up.
- Realize that those failures are only steps towards achieving our goals.
- Realize the knowledge you will gain.
- Realize the respect you will earn.
Like the respect and honor Terry Fox has earned for pushing beyond human limits to achieve his goal. In honor of his name, a battle to end cancer will be remembered for centuries by many people.
The human body and mind is capable of anything we put our focus and attention to. Expect obstacles, and expect challenges we cannot overcome. That is the excitement of a successful lifestyle! We will all face them, but it is how we handle them that will decide how successful we will be.
Here are “personally picked” articles I feel you may like
- Blinded By Successful Thoughts – Success Can Be Dangerous
- The Only True Failure Is Giving Up
- First Steps to Setting Goals
- A Day In The Life Of Successful People
- Top Skills To Work On To Achieve Success
- 58Are you making decisions based on your fears? How does fear drive you? How can you succeed with fear being your driver? If fear is dominating you, you become fearful. You can succeed but smart, driven people delay their success because: Working less and playing more. Focus on creating comfort. Non-growth…
- 56Before attempting any steps to setting goals, I first had to understand of the importance of goals. In order to get the things we want in life we must know the connection between goals and success. Also, why successful people depend on goals to continue living a successful lifestyle. Why should you set…